Find Food!

Saturday 27 April 2013

£1.00 a Day Meal Challenge

Hey folks. Ok so I am not doing it all official like by signing up and getting sponsors, simply because I can't ask all my friends to sponsor me for something else when they have already given so generously to my Three Peaks Challenge (click here for more info on that). But I am going to give this a go!

The premise of the idea is that over 5 days you have £5.00 to spend on food for the whole day. That's £1.00 a day (maths genius). Baring in mind that a single red bell pepper from Tesco is 80p, and baring in mind that thousands of people do live on around £1.00 a day, this exercise is going to be both challenging and eye opening.

I am starting the challenge on Monday through to Friday and will post my findings and what I had to eat daily, with pictures so you can see portion sizes and that I'm not lying! I will also try and do calorie counts as that will be very interesting too. I will also try and get stuff for free and on the cheap! This means foraging for nettles to make a nettle soup, finding berries to maybe make a jam and nipping up to Tesco which is my local supermarket on an evening to try and get the cheapest cuts of meat or going off veggies. It takes me 45 minutes to walk up to the supermarket by the way and to save on the money, I will be walking to and from it rather than get the bus.

I'm looking forward to it!! Keep coming back and seeing how I get on :D And if you would like to know more and/or donate to this challenge, please visit Live Below the Line

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment