Find Food!

Tuesday 30 April 2013

#BelowTheLine Day 2 - Could of done with...

Hia! How are you doing? You can let me know in the comments below or by Twitter if you like. I'm doing alright. I walked 5 miles today in practice for Three Peaks (text BEAR91 £1.00 to 70070 to give a quid!) and I did some yoga on what I feel was a practically empty stomach!! Especially after lunch.

For breakfast today I had the same as yesterday and will be doing for the whole week because it's so cheap and I am getting one of my 5 a day in. It was very lovely once again and I didn't need any more than I had.


Lunch though felt disappointing. I had two slices of Tesco bread, one fifth of a pack of value cream cheese and four relatively thin slices of cucumber. That was it! And after a session of Wii fit and yoga on a half portion of porridge and a banana, I was RAVENOUS. It was nice don't get me wrong!! But I really wanted a big cereal bar or something.



After I did my Three Peaks mini walk which took just over an hour and a half of fast paced walking, I was looking at the twigs in the road wondering if it would be nutritionally worth it. I got home about 3.30pm and didn't stop looking at the clock until it was 5.30pm and acceptable tea time.

Tea was surprisingly large!!! But soooooo dryyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I used just under 200g of carrots and 100g of frozen peas, 2 value sausages and one third of a packet of tesco own instant mash. It so badly desperately needed gravy and salt but unfortunately I had not budgeted for such luxuries.

I cannot complain though. Someone put it into perspective for me today - 22,000 children will die TODAY due to poverty. I'm not dying.. and I'm not really that hungry. I am programmed to just want more. Twenty two thousand kids. 

Breakfast = 16p
25g porridge with 150ml water - 2p
35g of jam - 2p
1 banana - 12p

Lunch = 31p
2 slices bread - 12p
1/5th of a tub of cream cheese - 10p
4 slices of cucumber - 9p

Dinner = 41p
1/3 of a packet of mash - 13p
2 Sausages - 14p
50g peas - 5p
200g Carrot - 9p

Treat = 8p
2 custard creams - 2p
Cup of tea - 1p
Value chocolate mousse - 5p

DAYS TOTAL SPEND 96P

No comments:

Post a Comment