Find Food!

Monday 29 April 2013

#BelowTheLine Day 1: Not so bad!

25g of porridge = 2p
35g of jam = 2p
Good evening! Just as the soaps come on and I am about to have my daily allowance of one cup of tea with a biscuit, I thought I'd drop in as promised and let you know how the day went.

It started off really well. I had half the portion size the packet said I should have of porridge with water, mixed fruit jam and a banana. I was really surprised that I didn't feel I needed more than that. It was tasty, it was nice and warm when it was chilly outside. And for a total of 16p I was feeling pretty darn smug!

1 banana = 12p
Ham, lettuce + mayo = 35p
But as nice as it was, I was really hungry an hour and a half later.. even after having a pint of water too!



I remained brave until lunch time when I launched into my ham, lettuce and mayonnaise butty. It was mega scrum but it felt like it was lacking a slice of 
cheese and a packet of salt and vinegar crisps. And a chocolate bar!.. this is an eye opener in how fat I am lol

Lunch filled me up for approximately 5 minutes. Then the long slog to tea time began. I was absolutely ravenous!!!!! And I made the whole thing so much harder on myself by cooking blueberry muffins to freeze, purely because I forgot to cook them the weekend before and the ingredients were going off. GOD they smelt so good!!! 
100g pasta = 4p
Can of meatballs = 40p

I drank another 2 pints of water, did some Wii yoga before it was finally time to cook... dum dum duuurrr.... a can of value meatball and spaghetti pasta. Without a doubt the absolute blandest meal I have ever had!! The tomato sauce the meatballs came in was VILE and I wish I hadn't poured any on. BUT it was filling to the point I actually left some. But not satisfying. I don't know what it is I want or need because I have had three meals. It simply must be because I am used to more. 

The day is done though and just in time for a cup of tea and a biscuit. Below is what I used and what I spent.

Breakfast = 16p
25g porridge with 150ml water - 2p
35g of jam - 2p
1 banana - 12p

Lunch = 35p
3 slices of ham - 18p
2 slices of bread - 12p
4 leafs of lettuce 4p
2 dollops of mayo - 1p

Dinner = 44p
1 tin of meat balls - 40p
100g of spaghetti - 4p

Supper = 5p
2 digestive biscuits = 4p
1 cup of milkless and sugarless tea = 1p

DAYS TOTAL SPEND £1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment