Find Food!

Saturday 27 April 2013

#BelowTheLine Food Shop Done!

Alright!! The shopping has been done. And here is a picture of most of what I got. The other bits like the sausages and the chicken pie I completely forgot to put in the picture and by the time I remembered I had put it all away. So not getting it all back out for a pie lol.


I did a practice shop on Tesco online so I knew I was going to be able to get it all done and on budget.

Below is how I plan to do it and how much the actual shop cost, and how much it will cost per serving.

Shopping List

  • 3pk chicken and veg pies - 84p
  • Value lettuce - 57p
  • 10 slices value ham - 61p
  • 4pk chocolate mousse - 20p
  • 2 x mini pepperoni pizzas + garlic bread - 50p (it was buy 3 for 2 and I got 46p back)
  • 8 x sausages - 56p
  • 1L long life skimmed milk - £1.06
  • 5 x bananas - 61p
  • 200g Cream cheese - 49p
  • 1/2 Cucumber portion - 45p
  • 500g dry spaghetti - 19p
  • Meatballs in tomato sauce - 40p
  • 26 x digestive biscuits - 30p
  • Chicken soup - 24p
  • 454g Mixed fruit jam - 29p
  • 1kg Porridge oats - 75p
  • 120g Packet mash (serves 3) - 20p
  • 80 teabags - 27p
  • 1kg frozen peas - 99p
  • 800g Wholemeal thick slice bread - 50p
  • 500ml Mayonnaise - 40p
  • 1.5kg Carrots - 69p
TOTAL SHOP = £11.11 << weird amount!!!! Number fairies.

Now I know the shopping list total is more than £5 and the object of the game is to do 5 days at £5 but once broken down into their serving sizes, I can not only have 3 meals a day with a brew and 2 biscuits for supper, but I can have them all for LESS than £1 a day - except for Friday when I spend £1.01.

For each blog post, I will break down exactly what I had and how much a portion cost me. Exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Sarah! I look forward to reading how you get on this week... Sounds like you've got it completely sussed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doddie! Good to have a fan :-D x

    ReplyDelete